Compounding is the art of preparing customized medications. We can provide our clients with medications in alternate dosage forms which are not commercially available.
We love our pets. Many of us treat them as if they are our own children. From dogs and cats to horses and elephants, no matter what type of animal it is, we at Max Drugs will treat your pet’s problem. As any pet owner knows, administering medications to pets can be quite a challenge. We work side by side with Veterinarians and Pet owners to develop the best possible solution for the pet’s need. There are a variety of ways we can treat your pet’s health concerns.
Veterinary Compounding has become an increasing need.
1. Many drugs are not approved for certain species; therefore, drugs manufactured for humans must be used. The use of human drugs in animals must be altered (compounded) to fit the size of the animal.
2. Items that are currently discontinued can be ordered and compounded to the veterinarian’s need.
3. The variation in size, breeds, and types of animals is a situation that faces veterinarians. Do small dogs like Chihuahuas and large dogs like Golden Retrievers need the same doses? Can a parrot take the same medications as a Hamster? Will a specific drug have the same effect on a Lhasa Apso as it might on a Collie?
4. Veterinarians face ethical dilemmas, treat only what is available or do what is best for the animal.
5. We compound for many types of animals: Domestic small and large pets, exotics, wildlife, zoo animals, horses, etc.
We can compound formulations to meet vet specifications, compound discontinued drugs, or change dosages, strengths and flavors. We also offer a wide variety of flavors that will appeal to all pets, from banana to chicken.
Veterinary Preparations we currently compound:
Alternate Dosage Forms
Creams, ointments and lotions
Oral suspensions and paste
If you have any questions, please contact us at Max Drugs and we will be happy to answer any them for you.